How to make semiya payasam instantly
Semiya payasam recipe we traditionally served on festivals and specialoccasions.This is a recipe that is usually prepared for every small occasion. This dishis unique in that it is quick and easy to make.To make semiya payasam usually we made with vermicelli, milk, ghee and sugar. Semiya payasam is one of the easiestpayasam in all the sweetsIn every Indian weddings and festivalsthe first and most people will taste the sweet kheer or payas. This 2000 yearold recipe originated in Odisha also which is mentioned in the Ayurveda thatancient Indians used to take this as a daily diet and also they offer to God.People of every age can take this payasam(based on added amount of sugar).Ancient Romans used to take this sweet dessert as a stomach coolant, detoxdiet. Usually one serve of payasam contains 400 calories, out of which 174carbohydrates and 174 calories proteins, rest of it is fat.
- 1/2 cup Cut semiya or vermicelli
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 Cardamons
- 3 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp khoya
- pinch of Emeraldcamphor
- Cashew nuts asneeded
- Firstly melt the ghee in the bottom thick bowl and add the cashew nuts till to get golden color and keep aside
- Next take samiya to the same pan and roast until slightly golden color in medium flame.
- Pour 1 cup of milk and 2 cups of water in the bowl and boil ina medium flame.
- Once the milk is well boiled add the vermicelli and cook
- keep stirring to prevent the semiya paysam from burning.
- Add sugar and let it boil 5 minutes on low flame
- Add Khoya and stir well
- Add pinch of Emerald camphor
- After 2 or 3 minutes include cardamom powder. turn off when the semiya payasam arrives at a thick pouring consistency
- Garnish semiya payasam with fried nuts and dry fruits