Juicy Bengali Rasgulla | Indian Syrup filled Dessert
What is Rasgulla ?Rasgulla is a famous Indian dessert especially in South Asia. This is also called as Indian syrup dessert that will be served after the meals in functions,weddings and very famous in bakery's.Rasgulla is made using broken milk and sugar syrup that will gives you awesome and delicious taste. Origin of Rasgulla ?This dessert was invented by Nobin Chandra Das in 19th century in kolkata and also the state of odisha believes that this dessert is offered in Puri Jagannath temple in 12th century. However they both filed a case on origin of rasgulla's, the west Bengal government won the tag of rasgullas.Storage Process ?In the process of cooking this instant rasgullas, after removing the water from the broken milk store it for 5-10 minutes then start kneading into dough.Rasgullas are very delicious to eat, but if you keep them inside fridge for few hours then it will be more juicy to eat.Serving Suggestions ?Usually we eat rasgullas as it is, but if you wanna add more taste to it then you can add the creamed kalakand to it or else you can also add ice cream as well.Healthy Benefits ?Rasgullas are made using milk so naturally they are rich in calcium and this sweets are not recommended for diabetics,heart patients and people who are thinking of weight loss.However the tin rasgullas are made from cheese curds and prepared by khoa. This contains less calories compared to the milk made rasgullas.Note : Doing workouts , exercises in the morning or doing yoga will be good for your health. Also you can taste this kind of desserts as well.Nutritional Facts :100 grams of rasgulla contains 190 calories, out of which 160 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of fat and 4 grams of proteins.How to burn 190 calories that comes from 100 grams of rasgulla?Amount of calories you can burn if you workout for 1 hour is given below :Running : 600-800 caloriesWalking : 300-400 caloriesCycling : 500-700 caloriesJump Rope : 800-1000 caloriesWeights : 600-850 caloriesSwimming : 650 -750 calories
- Milk Pan
- 2 Bowls
- 1 Liter Milk
- 200 ml Water
- 50 ml Vinegar
- 400 Grams Sugar
- 1 liter Water
- Boil 1 liter of milk and switch off the stove and add vinegar to it and slowly stir the milk until it breaks. In case vinegar is not available then you can use lemon to break the milk.
- Take one cotton cloth and and filter out the water from the broken milk completely and also take cold water to clean the milk dough slowly. Remove the water from it again.
- Now take the filtered out milk and start kneading until it becomes soft and smooth. While making the rasgulla balls make sure there are no cracks on it, if there are any it will break while boiling it.
- It's time to make the sugar syrup by mixing 400 gm of sugar with 1 liter of water and boil it on medium flame for 20 minutes. Now mix 2 table spoons of maida with a cup of water and keep aside.
- Now increase the sugar syrup on high flame and put the rasgullas one by one and cover the pan for 15 minutes. In the middle put 1 tablespoon of maida syrup into it. Benefits of maida water is, it will make the sugar syrup to go inside of rasgulla balls that will make it more juicy.
- After 40 minutes you can see the rasgulla balls double the size of it and ready to serve to your loved ones.
Step 1 : Take 1 liter of milk and heat it until it reaches the boiling point and switch off the stove. Step 2 : Now take one small bowl, add 200 ml water and 50 ml of vinegar and mix it. Step 3 : Take the mixed vinegar water and slowly mix it in the milk and keep stirring continuously until the milk breaks. Note : If you don't have vinegar try out with lemon to break the milk. Don't switch on the stove in case the milk doesn't break. If you do this then the softness will go away. Step 4 : Now take one cotton cloth to filter the milk and take off the water from it. Step 5 : Now take cold water and clean the filtered out mixture slowly and again filter out the water. Step 6 : put the filtered out mixture into a plate and start kneading until it becomes soft. If the mixture is not soft then it will break when we put in sugar syrup. Step 7 : When it becomes soft, make rasgulla balls with out any cracks init. Be-careful while making the balls, if there are any cracks init then it will break. Step 8 : Take one pan, put 400 gms sugar, 1 liter of water and boil it on medium flame for 20 minutes. Step 8 : Meanwhile take one small bowl and put 2 table spoon maida then mix it with water. Step 9 : Now after Step 8, put the stove on high flames and place the rasgullas one by one in to the syrup. Step 10 : Cover the pan with a plate and for every 15 minutes put 2 tablespoons of maida syrup and stir smoothly. Benefits of maida syrup is it will make the sugar syrup to go inside of the rasgulla balls and make it very soft. Step 11 : After 40 minutes the rasgulla balls will be double of size with small small cracks, the you can know the delicious rasgulla is ready to serve.