Make instant Jalebi easily at home
Whats is Jalebi ?• Jalebi is one of the most popular Indian desserts and a hot favorite on all the special occasions like Weddings, Birthday party’s, Special Occasions. • This Indian dessert will be made by deep frying Maida flour in your favorite shapes, mostly served in circular shapes and will be soaked in sugar syrup after the fry. • This dessert will be served indifferent ways based on the occasions like in weddings it will be mixed with Ice creams and birthdays with Halwa sweet etc.Origin Of Jalebi ?• Jalebi is first mentioned in 10th century by Sayyar al-Warraq later it was translated by many other authors.• In 13th century a cookbook was written by Muhammed bin Hassan al-Baghdadi in this cook book, the most anticipated and mentioned recipe was Jalebi or Zolbiya.• This jalebi recipe s very famous in south Asian Countries like India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and also served in some parts of US & Europe Countries.Storage Process ?• So many types of jalebi's can be made based on the storage suggestions. If you want a quick jalebi right after you mix all the ingredients, you can fry it and taste the jalebi.• The quicker jalebi taste different or if you keep the mixture aside for 60 minutes the tasty varies it will be very good to it as well.• The bakery style jalebi is where you have to mix the ingredient and cover the bowl and keep it in warm or room temperature for 12 hours. After keeping like this the taste will be like sweet shops.Serving Suggestions ?• Once the jalebi is ready, it will be served by mixing with the ice cream as it taste's very good.• Usually in functions based on their taste it will served with Halwa, Khoa and many other creamed desserts.Health Benefits :• Cures Headache and Cold !! It’s real that the north part of India, jalebi is taken with milk to cure headache and cold.• Moreover when you are feeling stressed or struggling to focus on things then you should go for it, especially which is made of Pure ghee in the mornings with warm milk.• As this is a occasional sweet everyone can eat and unsafe foods for diabetics and heart patients for a healthy life.Nutritional facts ?• Jalebi contains 44 calories each piece, out of which 20 calories is fat, 1 calorie protein and 22 calories carbohydrates. We can eat anything if we eat limited and follow a good diet and workout.• Jalebi is not recommended to the persons who are suffering from obesity, heart diseases as this will increase the health issue, is that person is not following proper diet and workouts.
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp curd
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- food colour (optional)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup oil for deep frying
- In a bowl add Maida(wheat flour), Corn flour, curd and mix it well until it becomes paste. After add half tablespoon vinegar and half cup water stir it for 5 minutes slowly.
- Add 1 table spoon of baking soda and stir it well. Add this paste into ketchup bottles or any cloths to fry the jalebi.
- For instance we are making a quick jalebi, if you keep the jalebi mixture at room temperature for 60 minutes it will activate more ingredients taste. If you are really want to eat bakery style jalebi, store it in warm temperature for 12 hours and cook the jalebi.
- In a pan put 1 cup oil/ghee based on your requirement and heat it for few minutes and medium temperature. Once the oil heats, squeeze the batter in your favorite shapes .
- Fry both the sides and quickly drop the jalebi into the sugar syrup for 1 minutes. That's it your favorite jalebi recipe is ready to serve.
- SUGARSYRUP: Forsugar syrup, Add water into sugar and heat 4 to 5 minutes, the texture shouldbe like Gulab jamoon sugar syrup
Step 1: Take one bowl, Add maida, corn flour, Curd and mix it well.