Egg Puff Recipe | Oven Free
Whats is Egg Puff ?• Egg puffs are means of popular evening snack or tee snack, especially sold in bakery's and from street vendors. Usually puffs are served in school parties and functions like a medium diet snack.Origin Of Egg Puff ?• Egg puff recipe was found in 1950's and was a very famous street snack in Hong Kong even now lakh's of people enjoy this crispy snack everyday. • In early 50's there were lot of wastage of broken eggs or cracked eggs as the customers were refusing to but.So the street vendors and shopkeepers thought of doing something with this eggs so they thought to mold this egg with various flour's and into different shapes and later into unique styles.
Storage Process ?• So storing of the ingredients while making egg puff is very important, as we keep the dough made of wheat in deep fridge for 1 hour covering it with a wet cloth every 20 minutes. • Because the puffs comes in waffles if we follow this process, that's what we like the most while eating the crunchy sound it makes.Puff's Combinations ?• There are lot of combinations in puff's, as you can make puff's with Egg, Chicken, Paneer, Vegetable, potato's, cheese,butter,Chicken Egg,beacon puffs also with various vegetable combinations.• Every puff tastes differently and served with different combinations based on the ingredient inside it.Serving Suggestions ?• Puffs are served with tomato sauce,chili sauce or mint chutney, based on your tastes. As the tomato sauce will be loved by many people and if you are a more spicy lover then the combination would be puff with chili sauce.Health Benefits ?• Puff's comes with high fiber and protein also save you from cravings. • As we know the puffed items will be low in calories, but adding the combinations will make the food healthy like adding the tomato slices, cucumber also mint chutney will add more vitamins and proteins to your body. • Maintaining a healthy diet and a proper exercise is must while consuming the fatty foods as recommended by doctors.Nutritional Facts ?• One serving of egg puff contains 394 calories, which consists of 60% of fat, 31 % Carbohydrates and 8% of proteins. • This nutritional calories may change based on the ingredients and serving sauces as each puff is made with different tastes.
- Non-sticky pan
- Pressure Cooker
- Baking pan
For making Dough Ball
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour (Maida)
- 1/2 Salt
- 1/2 Sugar
- 1 Butter
After Rolling Dough into Oval Shape
- 50 Grams Butter
While Frying the Onion
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Green Chili
- 1 Cup Onion
- 1/2 Salt ,Turmeric powder ,Ginger Garlic paste ,Chat Masala ,Chili powder, coriander powder and Jeera powder
- 2 Water
- For mixing of the ingredients first take a pan and add wheat flour with 1/2 table spoon salt and sugar.
- Now mix it with some cool water as it will make the dough ball very hard and that's how puffs are made.
- For making this dough ball more crispy we will add a table spoon of butter at room temperature to it, this will increase the taste of it.
- We have touched every corner of this dough ball after rolling it into rectangle(square) your favorite shape.
- To avoid the stickiness we will touch-up the dough with wheat flour and fold it into rectangle shape(how usually everyone folds) and keep it in fridge by placing a wet cloth top of it. For every 20 minutes change the wet cloth and repeat the process for 60 minutes.
- Take a pan and add 2 table spoons of oil and heat it, then add 1/3rd cup chopped green chili's to it.In a few minutes add chopped onions fry it(2 min),after that add 1/2 table spoon of salt,turmeric powder,Ginger garlic paste,Chat masala,Chili powder, coriander powder and jeera powder and fry it until the onion turn into golden color and add 2 table spoons water.
- In our case we are adding fried veggies to the egg to make it juicy while eating. If you wanna change the combinations you can add chicken, paneer,cheese etc for more taste depending on your tastes.
- Take the folded dough from fridge and roll it again to a rectangle shape and place the fried veggies on top of it with half or full boiled egg and fold it. For a tight folding touch up the edges with water of milk.
- If you wanna add more taste touch up with cheese or butter to it. Take a baking tray and place the puffs inside it. Place this baking tray inside a 10 minute Pre-heated cooker and leave it for 30 -40 minutes on medium flames.
- That's it !! Crispy delicious home made Egg puff's are ready, serve this warm puffs with hot sauce or chili sauce for more delicious and crispy taste.
Step 1: Take a pan and add 1 cup of (Maida)wheat flour along with 1/2 table spoon of salt and 1/2 table spoon of sugar. Step 2 : Add some cool water in it and mix it slowly. Benefit of adding cool water is the Dough will be very hard. After that leave the Dough for 20 minutes. Step 3 : After 20 minutes add 1 tablespoon of butter at room temperature to Dough. Step 4 : Now roll the dough in to oval or rectangle shape and touch up with butter. In our case we have added 50 grams of butter to the rolled dough. Step 5 : Now after few minutes, again touch up the rolled dough with wheat flour(Miada). Step 6 : Now fold the dough into rectangle shape also on top of it place a wet cloth and keep inside the deep fridge for 20 minutes. This process we should follow for 3 times like changing the wet cloth, overall place it inside for 60 minutes. Step 7 : Meanwhile take a pan and add 2 table spoons of oil and heat it for few minute. Add 1/3 rd of chopped green Chili. Step 8 : After few minutes add 1 cup of chopped onions to it and fry it for 2 minutes. Step 9 : After onion turn gold color, add 1/2 table spoon of salt,turmeric powder,Ginger garlic paste,Chat masala,Chili powder, coriander powder and jeera powder and fry it until the onion turn into golden color and add 2 table spoons water. Step 10 : Now take the folded dough from deep fridge and cut it in to half. Roll the folded dough into oval shape and cut it into small pieces. Step 11 : Add the cooked onion fry on top of small rolled pieces along with half Chopped boiled egg in reverse. Now fold it in a puff shape, additionally fold the edge's with milk or water touched hand for a stiff holding. Step 12 : Adding more taste rub all the puffs with butter. Step 13 : Now take one baking tray and touch up the bottom of the tray with butter and place all the puffs inside. Step 14 : Now place this baking tray in a 10 minute Pre-heated cooker. Step 15 : Leave the cooker for 30 - 40 minutes on medium flame. Step 16 : That's it !! Crispy delicious home made Egg puff's are ready to serve.